Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Funzies!

EoA here.

Soooooo, I broke my camera a few days back, which will understandably stunt the posting I can do on Industrianism (it being a photo-blog and all...). But! I've got some photos left over from my first jaunt around the neighborhood and seeing its the weekend, I don't see why we can't insert some whimsy into this here blog. Maybe whimsy will be a weekend theme for Industrianism. We'll see - everything's pretty much in flux right now.

Anyhow! These are some cool things you could only find in side-alleys in my neighborhood. You've always gotta explore - and not with a car.

I'm pretty sure my spare parts are cooler than yours. This was waaaay down a side alley between a towed car lot and a manufacturing warehouse. There was also a sweet Jimi Hendrix mural on the wall. It's something you wouldn't be able to see from a car, much less from the roadway. Little gems everywhere.

I call this one "Bad Dog". Original, right? It was down another alley and was the back entrance to a small manufacturing outfit. I've seen plenty of "Guard Dog" or "Attack Dog" or "Police Dog" signs, but "Bad Dog"? That's so sad. It's like the owners are telling you "not only will this guard dog bite you, it will also steal your wallet and ruin your credit. He's just a bad dog. We'd rather have another, but he's all we've got. Anyways, you've been warned".

Have a great weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment